.

.

Stuffed Crooked Neck Squash

7/23/10


Thanks to none of you (just kidding, you're my best friends) I figured out what to do with the Crooked Neck Squash. The vegetable came from Roger The Builder (not his real last name) who is in charge of our backyard project, and his wife was kind enough to share her recipe with me. It was very, VERY tasty! I'm sure you could use other large squashes in place of the crooked kind. I added Parmesan and garlic because I add that to just about everything including my coffee.

Stuffed Crooked Neck Squash
Recipe from Roger The Builder
(Serves 2)
Printable Recipe

1 crooked neck squash
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp butter
1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs
Grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 350. Chop off the "neck" of the squash and chop.


Cut the body of the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.


Heat 1 tsp of butter over medium heat. Add chopped squash, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and saute until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.


Add panko to mixture and stir. Spoon into squash halves. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and remaining butter and bake for 30 minutes.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Siri, this looks so simple and delicious! I should do this more! Send my thanks to Kenny and the Mrs!

Valerie said...

Looks delicious! I add garlic and parmesan to everything too. I've never made crooked neck squash, but I make spaghetti squash all the time with a similar recipe. Yum. Have a great weekend!

xo
Valerie

agalandherdog said...

That sounds and looks soooo good!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I bet this would be bomb diggity with some zucchini, something I seem to have a lot of LOL :) Thanks Siri, Roger the Builder & the Mrs for the recipe!

Hannah said...

Wow, I'm impressed sister.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Yummmmmm! That looks delicious! I have never had crooked neck squash, but I can't wait to try this recipe out!

Anonymous said...

I made these last night and I added quinoa to the mixture with some diced grape tomatoes and Italian spice mix...Super Yummy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger