.

.

Hot Ham & Cheese Party Rolls

2/3/15


I was trying so hard to get this post done yesterday, but instead the day was spent mostly in my pajamas, watching movies with my kids because school was cancelled, slowly cleaning up the remnants of a gigantic Super Bowl party and... there were leftovers.  Aren't you supposed to spend "Super Monday" eating light and healthy and cleansing your body of the junk you consumed the day before?  Yeah, that didn't happen.  (In fact, with three pounds of shredded cheese that was supposed to get turned into nachos and never did, I made Beer Cheese Soup.  More on that ridiculous-ness later in the week.)  Our party was insane.  It was as if we thought the snow would force us to hibernate for weeks, and therefore we needed every kind of food under the sun to keep us fed.  Shall I list off some of it?  Careful reading, you might throw up.  

Chips and salsa and guacamole and french onion dip, layered taco dip, buffalo chicken dip, nuts of every kind, freshly popped parmesan popcorn, crockpot chex mix, pretzels, homemade soft pretzels with a horseradish cheese dipping sauce, rice and beans and short ribs and empanadas, three gigantic logs of sandwiches from the deli, buffalo wings, stuffed mushrooms, swedish meatballs, italian meatballs, baked ziti, pigs 'n a blanket, fried chicken 'n a biscuit (more on that later too), a bowl of fruit and a tray of veggies (because you have to), a beef chili station, and this:


I'm probably forgetting something (and no, I did NOT make all of that you crazy people).  Of course, we all know how I feel about our friend Lucy's Ham Sandwiches, so obviously they are a staple at any large gathering.  This time, however, a friend sent me this recipe for a pizza roll version with the same sticky, delicious ingredients.  So I had to make both, duh.  They were a hit!  And a fun twist on a family favorite.  I think I will always be partial to the original sandwich, but you must try both at your next gluttonous gathering.  



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa I think I just gained weight reading that. OK all good cuz I just barfed a little too. Haha

Unknown said...

Wow that is one incredible spread!

Unknown said...

What recipe do you use for your French onion dip? Great job in the Today show, by the way!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger