.

.

Roasted Chicken and Avocado Burritos

5/28/14


Over the weekend, Carson grilled a couple of whole chickens on this new smoker he received as a housewarming present.  We made nachos with half of it, but shredded and saved the rest which had me googling "leftover roast chicken" yesterday morning.  When I saw this recipe for Roasted Chicken and Avocado Burritos, I quickly put away the Google, knowing that's what I would make!  Also I'm going to start calling it "the Google" like an old, foreign lady.

I adapted the recipe slightly, using queso fresco instead of shredded cheese and adding diced white onions and diced tomatoes to the cilantro.  To lightly grill the burrito and melt the cheese, I used my panini press.  But you could easily do it in a skillet on the stove, and press down on the burrito with a lightly oiled pan lid.  It, was, delicious.  I made myself one, felt adequately full, and then made myself another.  Dammit!!  I need to stop doing things like that.        



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum - mexican in new york - thank you!

Unknown said...

I actually pinned this one a few months ago. See, I told you Pinterest was a problem. I haven't made it yet but it looks yummy!

tara said...

Mmmmm that looks sooo good.

Nati said...

Two burritos are completely acceptable for someone carrying child. :)

Sara said...

One for you, one for the baby...you're Nuturing, not over-indulging!!

This looks SO good. My panini maker allows me to feel like the awesome cook that I'm not. I use it all the time.

Anonymous said...

I just made these. My 10 and 5 year old boys asked for seconds. I used my homemade pico de gallo, so basically the same as yours with garlic and lime juice. They were so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger