.

.

Marshmallow Pops + Vanilla Rice Krispie Treats

5/26/14


Good morning on this Memorial Day Monday!  I hope you are having a nice, long weekend and remembering/honoring those who have served our country.  Are you heading to a BBQ today?  If you  want to bring something easy that you can probably throw together right now, here are two simple, no-bake ideas that involve marshmallows.  Because what else screams SUMMER other than marshmallows?  (Actually, a tiny, fluffy, screaming marshmallow is a terrifying thought).  


These are basic Rice Krispie Treats with 3/4 tsp of vanilla bean paste added to the marshmallow/butter mixture...


I let them cool, and then used a star cookie cutter to make the shapes (with the leftovers, I cut out small circles for the little kiddos)...


Place the stars on parchment paper, and then melt white chocolate chips in two separate bowls in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.  Add blue food coloring to one bowl and red to the other and stir.  Place melted chocolate into a plastic baggie and snip one corner.  Pipe melted chocolate onto stars in a stripe pattern, or however you desire.  I also added lollipop sticks to each one, but you don't have to!


I found these marshmallow pops on Pinterest, and I knew they would be fun for Jack and I to do together (of course, he had patience for about two of them while I finished the rest).  They were extremely simple, and look how cute!  I can see myself making these in different colors for every existing holiday... so watch out.  

 

Dip a marshmallow in water, using a toothpick, and dabbing the excess on a paper towel.  


Over a bowl, sprinkle the desired color all over the marshmallow.


Place on parchment paper and remove toothpick.  



Lightly rub some Crisco onto a festive straw, and gently skewer the marshmallows.


Ta Da!  Sugar Rush, waiting to happen!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

*adorable*

Jennifer benak said...

I love pinterest... It's a problem

tara said...

You're so crafty! Stealing these ideas for the 4th...

Unknown said...

Super cute! I agree, Pinterest is a problem for me too. I still want to make the flag cake for the 4th because I've made it the last 2 years and am obsessed with it. But will make one of these too. Because we always need more sugar for the kids. Adults. I mean, kids.

obat pelangsing alami said...

hi,, just visit this site,, have a nice day :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger