.

.

Red, White & Blueberry Poke Cake

5/29/14


Do you like how I'm still giving you ideas for Memorial Day, which has come and gone?  Listen, if I could get my act together and make things for you guys BEFORE holidays, I would.  But if that were the case, I would also probably shower more than twice a week and my to-do list would be less than 4 pages long and no one wants to see that kind of productiveness, right??  Yeah.

OR, we could pretend I'm giving you an idea for the 4th of July more than one month early!!  YOU'RE WELCOME!  Boy am I on top of things these days.  I even showered this morning!

The truth is, this cake doesn't need a patriotic holiday to be enjoyed.  It's light, it's delicious, it's the perfect summer dessert.  Fruit syrup made from fresh berries, soaked into fluffy white cake overnight and frosted with a light, whipped cream.  It's so good.  Recipe here.             









2 comments:

tara said...

Mmm I love when cake gets soaked in syrup and it's all soft and spongy and (I'm sorry) moist. <-- I hate that word.

You're totally ahead of the curve with your 4th of July cake! I bet Martha Stewart will start doing recipes for the 4th soon, so basically you're better than Martha.

Linda said...

This 4th of July cake looks soooo yummy .....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger