.

.

Cheesy Avocado Toast

3/8/12


I wanted something different for breakfast this morning.  Something in this vein, but with cheese.  A breakfast inspired by my mom, who eats something similar for lunch everyday.  

Sourdough bread (wheat sourdough, I might add), a drizzle of good olive oil, spread avocado, a splash of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt...


...topped with reduced fat provolone cheese and red pepper flakes.  Broiled for a few minutes until cheese gets all bubbly...


Yum.  Change up your breakfast, why don't you.

9 comments:

kellywinonaoxford said...

Deliciousness. James always makes this, sometimes he adds tuna because he's like that. Like the red pepper flakes. Totally using that.
xoxo

Samantha Ball said...

Must copy!

agalandherdog said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try for lunches this weekend.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Oh my HOLY LORD. Amazingness. Starving now, thanks!

Gretchen said...

Crazy!! I just made this for Dylan's lunch today. I love your addition of red pepper flakes, and the lemon. I have also added radishes now and then, or sliced mushrooms, and I use pepper jack cheese, and put mine on an English muffin :)

iamchasingbaby said...

I NEED THIS I NEED THIS I NEED THIS.k

Jinnie said...

just breakfast? i think i'd eat this breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, midnight snack...ok, you get the point. looks delish.

http://mybabykins.com

LuRuSo said...

I became addicted to avocado toast and now this. Addiction times two!

Kelly said...

How did not think of this? Three things I love so much - toast, avocado and cheese. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger