.

.

The Voice Cake

5/24/11


It's Tuesday, and you know what that means! Tacos, The Voice on NBC and making themed cakes. Ok, that last part has nothing to do with a particular day of the week because, if you know me, you know I would make a themed cake any minute of any day of any week of any... blah. So, here's what I did...

I printed out The Voice logo, or as my son calls it, the big hand. Then I traced that onto some parchment paper (similar to when I made this).


Then I melted some white chocolate chips over a double boiler...


I added a small amount of black food coloring to turn it gray...


A tiny person helped me stir...


I placed the gray chocolate into a piping bag, outlined the logo and filled it in (using the back of a spoon to smooth it out)...


I let the chocolate dry before removing from the parchment paper. Then, I placed it on a cake (store bought, in this case, with store bought frosting) and wrote "THE VOICE" with red food gel. SEE!?


Oh and some red sprinkles. Because sprinkles are magical. I am going to eat this entire cake tonight at 10/9c.

(Follow @NBCTheVoice on Twitter, why don't you!)

5 comments:

Paige King said...

Totally obsessed with the show! I make my fiance watch it every week with me, he would probably really appreciate a Voice themed cake :)

Claire M. said...

Very delicious cake. I'll try this soon :)

Claire M.

Lisa R. said...

HOW do you melt white chocolate? evertime I try it only gets chunky and grody. never smooth.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I only bake cakes around Christmas or when a hormone surge strikes. I can't believe you whip one up to celebrate the Voice. Jealous and scared of you.

Siri said...

Lisa - add a tsp of veg oil, and try a double boiler (or a heat proof bowl over simmering water). Miss M & P, I scare me too : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger