.

.

Icebox Butter Cookies

1/26/11


I have control issues in the kitchen. Especially when its just been cleaned. I follow everyone around as if I've morphed into a vacuum cleaner and sweep up every dropped crumb. And it's obnoxious, I mean, I annoy myself. It's not curable but it CAN be treated - by baking with little people! Kids, not Oompa Loompas.

Last night we babysat my niece Jaden and we love to bake cookies together (well, most of the time). Earlier in the day I had made some Icebox Butter Cookies via Ms. Stewart and... Martha, I'm telling you, you're right about it being a good thing. How grand to open your icebox to find ready-to-be-sliced cookie dough inside!! Oh, Martha.

But, when baking with little people you simply MUST let go of control issues because it's going to get messy. And it might even get ugly. And that's okay! Because an ugly cookie is beautiful on the INSIDE.

Recipe found HERE. I added 1/2 tsp of almond extract and some lemon zest to dough, and I think next time I'll add 1/4 cup more sugar.

Sifting...


Creaming...


Dough...


Logs...


Icebox ready...


Sanding sugar...


And more... wait, Jaden, I thought we were just doing Lakers colors... oh, you want every color of the rainbow, ok... let, go, of, control...


Cutting dough into neat little circles... oh, sure Jaden, you can try cutting... oh, um, dear god...


Let, go, of, control, and... HAVE FUN!

1 comments:

Rose said...

you sound like my MIL re: kitchen issues...

what do you use for J in the kitchen? we have a learning tower. love that thing. even taking it with us when we ship off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger