.

.

Zucchini Espanolas

7/26/10

One thing that Roger The Builder gave us from his garden was a zucchini the size of my arm. See?


And once again, his wife was kind enough to share another recipe. However... I did her wrong. I did her very, very wrong by making a silly, stupid mistake. I did not de-rib or de-seed the chillies. Nope I did not. I just threw the whole thing, all 6 of them, in the pot... spicy white rib plus seeds and all. Oh. My. HolyMouthOnFire. Oops. I will be making this again though because otherwise I thought it was delicious.

p.s. My mom and boyfriend are not wimps like me and THEY actually ate it!

Zucchini Espanolas
Recipe from Roger The Builder
(Serves 8)
Printable Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. zucchini, cubed
6 green chilies, SEEDS AND RIBS REMOVED, chopped
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 can (16 oz.) whole kernel corn
1 cup Ricotta cheese
3 T butter
Salt to taste



Melt butter over medium heat in large pan. Add zucchini and simmer, covered, until tender.


Add onions and saute until they are clear. Add chilies, corn and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt. Turn off heat and add cheese. Mix well and let stand until cheese has melted.


p.p.s. Yes, I'm wearing a Silly Bandz on my arm in above photo. I'm an eleven year old boy.

3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

LOL about not removing the seeds. BTDT :) This sounds really good, I can't wait to make it!!

iamchasingthirty said...

YUM.

Being Ingrid said...

Sweet silly bandz...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger