.

.

Lemon Pudding Poppy Seed Cookies

7/12/10


I have days (everyday) when I just have to make cookies. It can be a bad mood, a good mood, boredom or a rush of productiveness. What I'm trying to say is I always have to make cookies.

This morning was not unlike every other morning of my life... I woke up thinking about food. Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, to be exact. But I didn't have any Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Bollocks, I thought, because I often think thoughts in British slang. But then I found a package of Instant Lemon Pudding, which reminded me of the Pudding Cookies I once made, and a brilliant idea was born. Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies!!!

onlyIdidn'thavebuttersoIusedshortening. WHAT?! I didn't have butter! So I used shortening!

I liked these cookies, but next time I might add a little lemon zest to give them even more lemon flavor.

Lemon Pudding Poppy Seed Cookies
(Makes 14)
Printable Recipe

1 cup flour
1 pkg lemon pudding mix
1/2 cup shortening (or butter)
3 tsp water (only if using shortening)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 T poppy seeds
1 egg
1 egg yolk


Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, stir together flour and lemon pudding mix, set aside. In another bowl with a mixer, cream together shortening and water (or just butter if you're using that) until smooth. Add brown sugar and baking powder and mix. Add egg and egg yolk, and mix until smooth.


Add poppy seeds, and slowly pour in your flour/pudding combo. Stir until combined. Drop by large spoonful onto baking sheet.


Bake for 8 minutes or until golden on top.

3 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks simply yum...

agalandherdog said...

Lemon + Poppy Seeds + Cookies = AMAZING!

Unknown said...

I like the lemon zest idea! Would be very nice! Yum, I could go for a cookie right now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger