.

.

Pudding Chip Cookies

4/14/10


I just made those. For absolutely no reason other than my son is napping and I was looking for something to do. You know, besides paying bills or folding laundry or running on the treadmill. (Okay that's not fair, now I'm leading you to believe that running on the treadmill is something I might actually do when in reality, I have never, ever run on our treadmill. Ever.)

These are cookies with a package of vanilla pudding mix in the dough. Oh. My. They are so good. The dough sort of tasted like a white cake batter and yes, I eat a lot of dough when I bake cookies and no, I am not worried about raw eggs. You should make these, right now, for no reason at all. Go put your kids or husband or boss down for a nap.

Pudding Chip Cookies
Recipe from Nestle Toll House
(Makes 2 dozen cookies)

1 cup flour
1 pkg. (4 serving size) instant vanilla, butterscotch or chocolate pudding mix (I used vanilla)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 cups (12 oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine flour and pudding mix. Make sure to keep your monitor nearby, because remember, your son is sleeping.


Beat butter until soft, about 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda and mix until smooth. Add egg and egg white and again, mix until smooth. Gradually add flour/pudding combo and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop dough by spoonful onto baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Actually my oven took 7 minutes and 20 seconds exactly, but my oven is hot.


Now, will someone please tell me what to do with these? "Eating them all" is not an acceptable answer. Although it is a likely scenario.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have this dilemma after baking a batch of cookies. I can't bear to give them all away so I put them in the freezer. Then if I want one I have to go to the trouble of getting it out of the freezer and microwaving it. Oh who am I kidding! I still eat them all, one microwaved cookie at a time.

Siri said...

Freezing them, great idea!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Good lord those sound good!!

skr said...

Oh I want some, those look so,so good...

Liz said...

What an interesting idea! I just may have to put my husband down for a nap (haha, love that) and try them.

Mark said...

wrong...these cookies are simply wrong.

Eva said...

I am totally making these when we are back from vacay! Miss you already.

Half Baked said...

Wow I want some of those cookies right NOW!

Virginia said...

You could send some to me. That's what you could do with them.

I'm going to try them with butterscotch pudding, AND I'm going to have to make them with my kids, as my children don't nap and are trying to kill me. These cookies should keep them at bay.

lisa said...

hmmm....I wonder if you could try a vanilla pudding snack pack instead. you know, the little pudding your mom used to put in your lunchbox? I do that with cake and it makes it more moist.

Kayla said...

Oh. No.

I just made these. And they are soooo good. It's going to take some sirious (hahaha...) self control for me to not eat the whole batch!

I used butterscotch pudding mix and mini semi sweet chocolate chips!

Delicious!!

I love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger