.

.

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

7/8/10


My neighbor Earl recently broke his collarbone after he was hit by a car while riding his bike. Did I mention he is in his 70's?? Poor guy!! My solution for a broken bone, heart or cellular phone (worst 3 things to break)... cookies!

I've been into the 1 egg/1 egg yolk cookie dough as of late. I'm not sure, but I think it makes them extra chewy in the center while still maintaining a crispy outer crust. And I LOVE the taste of milk chocolate and dark chocolate together. Sweet, bitter, rich. The espresso powder helps bring out the chocolate, and the oatmeal makes these healthy. (Don't say a word.)

Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
(Makes 18)
Printable Recipe

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet, dark or bittersweet chips


Preheat oven to 325. With a mixer, beat butter and both sugars until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and continue to mix until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. Add to wet ingredients and stir until you have your cookie dough. Add oatmeal and chocolate chips.

Place by spoonful on a baking sheet.



Bake for 10 minutes.

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yum, yum and more yum. Would you bake these for me? I have a broken printer :)

Unknown said...

I Love the oatmeal in these! Means they're healthly right!? YUM!!!!

agalandherdog said...

I'm definitely on board with the oatmeal making them healthy. I may have to try these bc I was thinking I needed some cookies in my life. I hope you're enjoying the book!

Unknown said...

I'll be there in a just a minute..save me at least one cookie!! They look amazingly good!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum! I'll break something if you'll make me a batch of these :) Well not really but I'll still take a batch please LOL

Anonymous said...

I made these and they turned out really flat! Any suggestion of what I did wrong?

Siri said...

Bummer! Did you forget baking soda, or baking powder? Sometimes my cookies will get flat if I melt my butter too, which is why I always suggest room temp instead. Sorry about that, hope they still tasted good : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger