.

.

Coconut Cake

5/16/10


Here's the Coconut Cake post I promised you 72 hours ago. (Stating that in hours sounds more dramatic than days, and minutes would be pathetic.) Life got in the way of my blogging. I know, how dare it. I was under the weather and then I rudely passed it on to my son. Sick mama + sick baby = zero, ZERO sleep. But we're on the mend. And it's a beautiful grey, wet, Monday morning!

Back to the cake post I promised you 4,320 minutes ago. I used an Ina Garten recipe, and she never lets me down. Moist cake, fluffy cream cheese frosting, flakes of sweet coconut in every bite. I followed the recipe to a T, besides adding some Kahlua to the milk. What? I'm a fan of alcohol. Next time I might use coconut milk in place of regular milk. That is all.

Here is the recipe. And here are some photos.






Stay tuned for a Strongly Worded Letter regarding above cake...

2 comments:

LuRuSo said...

Gasp! That looks so delicious, sweet, and fun. Nothing is more romantic and special than a coconut cake. A must make (and eat)!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Okay, WHAT?! OMG! This looks AMAAAAZING!

To die for! WOW!

i'll have to give it a go...

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger