.

.

Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Cream

5/27/10


Another healthy dinner, in my tummy. I even exercised today! But don't worry, I evened this out by baking Peanut Butter M&M Butterscotch Cookies this morning. It's about BALANCE, my friends. (More on those later...)

For some reason, I've always thought ground chicken would be dry and flavorless. Well, not if you add Greek yogurt (instead of eggs) and panko (instead of bread crumbs) and spices, honey, lemon zest, garlic, cilantro, and things like this. DELICIOUS! NUTRITIOUS!

I served this with a Chipotle Cream from this recipe, but I cut it in half. It offered a wonderful kick, and my leftover sweet balsamic onions really balanced everything out. Balance.


Chicken Burgers
(Makes 4)
Printable Recipe

1 lb. ground chicken
6 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup panko
1 T crushed garlic
1 tsp honey
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 T chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
2 T olive oil

Combine the first eight ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine with spoon or hands.



Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form chicken into 4 patties. Saute for 6 minutes per side.


Serve with chipotle cream and whatever else you fancy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I very rarely make chicken burgers, but this looks fantastic.. Just might have to add it to the list of things I must try!! I love chipotle too...mmmmm!!

Mark said...

Excellent - but I spy an M&M neatly tucked into the middle of the burger - trying to pull a fast one?

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

The look delicious Siri! I love chicken burgers! The addition of Greek Yogurt is brilliant, I'll have to try that trick next time I make them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger