.

.

Siriously? I'm Serious: Unnecessary Things

4/1/10

I loved reading the responses to my K'Flaw blog. So many of you were willing to share your flaws in the kitchen, and they were funny. You people are funny! Therefore, I've decided to start a new "series," if you will. A "brand" of Siriously Delicious, let's say. A game, a weekly confessional... WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. I will call it... Siriously? I'm Serious.

This week's edition, Unnecessary Things. We all want them. Here are mine, as they relate to food...

EBELSKIVER FILLED-PANCAKE PAN


From Williams-Sonoma. How often do I make filled-pancakes? Never, never in my life. I barely ever make pancakes. And yet, wouldn't this be fun to own? I think the real reason I want it is because it's called an EBELSKIVER pan, and when I brag about how I own it, I can do so in a German accent.

THEMED SPRINKLES


Those are sprinkles shaped as pigs. Pig Sprinkles. You can buy them HERE. I want them. Why, why do I want them. When will a pig theme be relevant in my life, ever? Maybe my son will develop an obsession with the animal. Maybe he'll go to a school one day with a pig as its mascot. Maybe we'll find a reason to celebrate International Bacon Day. I justify all of these as reasons why I should own pig sprinkles. *By the by, International Bacon Day needs no reason to be celebrated, just do it.

MINI THINGS


Check out this mini bread pan I found (remote used as a reference for how teeny tiny it really is). What on EARTH am I going to do with this? It may, in fact, be a child's toy. But I still love anything mini. It makes me feel like a giant.

EGG CUBER


I don't know how this works. I don't think I want to know how it works. That's not the point, the point is... look at that square egg! It's a square egg! Easter will never be the same again! Purchase one of these bad boys HERE.

*Now, tell me the things that you want for no reason? I may want them, too.

12 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Kitchen gadgets would take over my life if I'd let them!! that square egg is awesome and at less than $5, why not own it too????

I want bundt pans in every design they make. I don't make cake often and when I do its usually not bundt cake but I love those pans!! I want them all :)

avocado scooper, I would NEVER use it as I score the fruit in its own skin and then scoop out little chunks but this just seems like a cool tool.

I have the ebelskiver pan, not the WS one, a cheap knock off. Never used it. Want to but it just isn't on my radar. Yet I have one :)

Kitchen Aid accessories that go on the stand mixer. I want them all. Even the citrus juicer which would get used less than once a year. Who cares, its kitchen aid!!!

Siri said...

Those are GREAT, Andrea! An avocado scooper!! I don't need it either!! But I want it now!!

Unknown said...

Pasta making attachments for my Kitchenaid stand mixer. They're expensive and I'd probably never use them (making pasta is more work than it is worth) but I want them regardless just in case someday I am inspired by Giada to make home made pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sauce and toasted walnuts. In which case I would need that fancy ravoli cutter that looks like a mini pizza cutter too. I want pumpkin ravioli.

Siri said...

Sara - I have that fancy ravioli cutter, and I've actually used it more than once, for things other than ravioli, so I think you should purchase : )

Anonymous said...

the Perfect Brownie pan is the best ever! perfect portion sizes every time!

Andrea Bernstein said...

I live about 75 steps from a Sur La Table...so I spend many a day pushing a stroller around and gazing at things I dont need BUT WANT!

1. Along the lines of your tiny loaf pan: I WANT all of the little fancy French brown paper liners for baking little things. I imagine myself baking a batch of something, and bringing little loafs and pastries to people in them.

2. Several pans to make madeleines, in lots of sizes.

3. Those classic white soup bowls that are on pedestals and have the little lions heads on either side. (are they lion's heads?)

4. The brownie pan, as seen on tv-- Completely want it. I hate the way brownies look after you cut them. This actually would change my life.

5. The kitchen syringe thingie that you use to inject a roast turkey or chicken, to give it more flavor.

6. I WANT all of the cool baking do-dads. Gold leaf. fondant, marzipan animals. Piping bags. The demerara sugar (so that when I use it, I can say "demerara" outloud in an English accent, and feel like Nigella). I want the really good gelatin that comes in sheets rather than powder. The rose extract. Ah..... I think too much about this stuff.

Siri said...

Andrea B - I would like for you to bake me a little loaf or pastry in your fancy French brown liner things.

Andrea Bernstein said...

Siri, this is great. It gives me a reason to buy them! Yay! I will be baking this week, and will give something fancy to Nick to give to Carson, to give to you. yay! Oooh.... another baking thing I want -- silver and gold dragees.

sweetlife said...

omg....I use all my kitchen gadgets...I'm so lying

haha

Sarah said...

Siri,

I know this post is over a month old, but I just happened upon it. Had to post because I HAVE those pig sprinkles! They were given to me by my sister in law who lives in Iowa--as a sort of Iowa keepsake after we moved away. I made a cake for my seniors this year on their last day of class, and they went nuts with the pink pig sprinkles.

Practice Blog said...

I was just telling my mom this morning I needed to email you or check your blog... Sawyer is turning 3 on Saturday and for some reason he wants to have a Pig Party. I have no idea where his idea for this came from, but I'm going with it! I will be purchasing the sprinkles featured on this post. I love, love, LOVE your blog!

Please share with me any other Pig Party finds you may have come across :-)

MamaD said...

I was just telling my mom this morning I needed to email you or check your blog... Sawyer is turning 3 on Saturday and for some reason he wants to have a Pig Party. I have no idea where his idea for this came from, but I'm going with it! I will be purchasing the sprinkles featured on this post. I love, love, LOVE your blog!

Please share with me any other Pig Party finds you may have come across :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger