.

.

Slow Cooker Hoisin Beef

4/14/10

I love my slow cooker, even if it does remind me a little too much of her. There's something fun about getting dinner ready at 10am while drinking your 3rd cup of coffee. Something delightful about your house smelling like onions and garlic all day long (there was no sarcasm there, I really do love that).

Yesterday I woke up and thought, beef, hoisin and slow cooker (my thoughts are often organized in google search terms). And what do you know, the Internet had a recipe for that! Thanks World Wide Web, and more specifically, thank you Whole Foods.

Flavor, flavor, flavor. I highly recommend this. Tasted like healthy Chinese take-out. Served over my leftover Ginger Almond Basmati Rice. Yummy, to use a word my boyfriend hates.

Slow Cooker Hoisin Beef
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Market
(Serves 6)

1/2 cup beef broth
1 10 oz bottle hoisin sauce
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 T soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 1/2 pounds chuck steak
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 cup baby carrots
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper


Turn slow cooker to LOW. Place beef in pot, and season with salt and pepper.


Add vegetables, again seasoning with salt and pepper.


In a bowl, whisk together beef broth, hoisin, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic and ginger.


Pour sauce in pot over vegetables and meat. Place pot in slow cooker. Cook for 6 hours on low. Serve over noodles or rice.


Sorry for the lack of photos. Yesterday was long, and instead of photographing my dinner I shoveled it in my mouth and then fell asleep on the couch.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger