.

.

Black Cod with Miso

3/2/10


Ever since my unpleasant experience at Katsuya, I have been craving Miso Cod. Yesterday, in my obsessive researching of online recipes, I came across this one... Nobu's signature Broiled Black Cod with Miso (above picture). Don't you love finding recipes for the food you love at restaurants? Oh Internet, never go away.

All I needed to do was go to my favorite place on the Planet, or at least in a 5-mile radius, Santa Monica Seafood. Bought some expensive Black Cod and was ready to cook. I loosely followed the Nobu recipe because I did not have sake, I had white wine. Also I had red miso, not white. And I did not have hajikami, nor do I know what it is. Oh, I also did not have 2-3 days to marinate the fish. I had 15 minutes. SO. Maybe I was NOT so ready to cook.

This was tasty but next time, I will plan ahead and give myself the full 2-3 day marinating time. I love miso flavor and the fish could have used even more of it.

Black Cod with Miso
(Serves 2)

2 black cod fillets
1 cup white wine or sake
1/3 cup mirin
1 cup red miso paste
3/4 cup sugar


In a medium saucepan, bring wine and mirin to a boil. Boil briefly, for about 30 seconds, to evaporate the alcohol.


Turn heat down to low, and add the miso and stir until dissolved.


Once dissolved, turn heat back to high and add sugar, stirring constantly to keep from burning. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.


Place cod in a dish or bowl and pat dry. Add miso marinade and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 days, or for 15 minutes like me.


Turn oven to broil. Remove cod from miso and place on a broiler pan or baking dish. Broil just until surface of fish is browned, then bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.


I served this with Red Pepper and Ginger White Rice and Wasabi Sugar Snap Peas. I will try to post those recipes once my son takes a nap. IF. If that happens.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger