.

.

Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce

2/18/16


While we were in California, I met a new friend who shared a bowl of pasta with her homemade tomato vodka sauce.  I instantly fell in love with her, in a... "I love your pasta and want to be able to cook like you" kind of way.  We talked about the recipe and I tried to remember everything she said, which wasn't easy because she's not the type to measure things.  Last night, I tried it out, and I think I did a pretty good job.  Now I'm in love with myself!  Just kidding.  I was surprised at how easy and quickly this sauce came together, however I'm sure you could let it simmer on your stove for hours and it would taste even better.  Now I've got to track her down because she mentioned she makes a killer alfredo sauce too... oh pasta, why do you do this to me.    


Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce
(Makes approx. 4 cups)

1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 shallot, minced
4-6 cloves garlic, minced (depending how much you like garlic)
2 tomatoes, finely diced
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup cream
1/3 cup vodka
Seasonings to taste: dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper

In a deep skillet or pot, heat olive oil and butter over medium-low heat.  Add the shallots, garlic and fresh tomato, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until shallots start to soften.  Add the tomato paste and stir, sautéing for another couple of minutes.  Then add the crushed tomatoes, cream and vodka.  Stir, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or longer, until the sauce thickens and the flavors develop.  Season to taste with seasonings.    



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh! This looks better than my recipe. Except mine has red pepper flakes in it and I like that kick. Will try this! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger