.

.

Blistered Tomatoes

7/2/15


Sometimes, when I think I have absolutely NOTHING in the house to cook for dinner, I remember that I have tomatoes and I have pasta, therefore I have a meal.  By slowly cooking cherry tomatoes until they blister and pop, you create a delicious sauce, and it couldn't be easier.  I just heat up one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add the tomatoes, season them with salt and pepper, and cook them for however long I want.  Sometimes as little as 10 minutes, sometimes for as long as 30.  Sometimes I add minced garlic or shallots.  Sometimes fresh basil at the end (and a dash of cream?!).  But I always add them to cooked pasta, and I always top it with lots of Parmesan cheese.     

I hope you're all getting ready to enjoy your holiday weekends!  I wrote another article for the Today Show Parenting Team about summer... and how I'm TRYING to keep it simple and fun (and messy... I keep chanting "let kids be messy, let kids be messy" - it helps with the OCD).  
You can read it (and vote!) here.

5 comments:

komal singh said...

Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!
KFC food coupon

komal singh said...

Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!
KFC food coupon

erina locus said...

The best of meats that are all available online at best price :-
The wagyu beef brisket working has always seen of first class quality above as well beyond they managed the work to wagyu steak type or kind it best quality above as well beyond of high nature. Here as a group we have wagyu been rated above as well beyond give noble or worthy points by wagyu beef more than a few. The article is meant to cater the basic needs of the work and benefits.

Karen Clarke said...

Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!

dbg said...

I do this and add balsamic. Is great with pasta or over fish or meat :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger