.

.

Baked Yellow Squash

8/8/14


I made this recipe twice this week, both times forgetting to take a "post-oven" photo.  I also just ate a brownie for breakfast, which has nothing to do with anything and I'm not sure why I told you that?  Hey, I have an idea, why don't YOU make this over the weekend and send me a photo of the finished result!  (And you should also make brownies and eat them at inappropriate times of the day.)

It's a really easy and yummy summer side, especially when you find yellow squash that's practically golden in color.  Sliced thinly, tossed in good olive oil and topped with a bread crumb and Parmesan mixture... then baked until golden and bubbly.  I swear that's what it looks like in the end.  But you'll just have to make it for yourself to see.  Have a great weekend!  


Baked Yellow Squash
(Serves 4)

2 large yellow squash
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup panko or bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Slice squash into 1/4 inch rounds.  Place in large bowl and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, making sure all squash is fully coated.  In a separate small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan and more salt and pepper to taste.  Place squash in lightly oiled baking dish, and top with bread crumb mixture.  Cover with tin foil.  Bake for 30 minutes covered, then uncover, turn heat up to 400 and bake for another 5 minutes or until top is nicely browned.     

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much squash everywhere these days - this is a good way to serve it - thank you!

Monica said...

You know, you're at the point in your pregnancy when every time more than two days go by without a new post from you, I assume you are birthing your child!

JCA said...

I made this tonight after my 5 year old begged for me to make squash and he saw me reading your blog. I made this with the roasted chicken (Thomas Keller?) and it was a huge hit, even though the last thing I wanted to do in San Diego was roast a chicken! Thank you for your awesome recipes!

yung@foodyoo.com said...

I love this, smell good, taste good and a bit crispy on top. Olive oil is a healthy choice, maybe butter also not bad. :)

Lisa J said...

I made this last night! I didn't have parmesan, so I used 5 cheese Italian. So good!! My husband and son loved it!! Will be making it again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger