.

.

Silver Palate Carrot Cake

4/23/14


Now that the first two live shows of The Voice have passed, let's backtrack a bit to Easter Sunday and the best carrot cake everrrrrr.  After our recent move, our realtor came over with a welcoming gift that included Carrot Cake Cupcakes.  I ate one in front of her and one as soon as she left - let's blame the GIANT BABY in my belly.  But they were that good.  While shoving the second cupcake in my mouth, I emailed her for the recipe and she sent me this link.  It apparently comes from a 25 year-old cookbook, and it has since become infamous.  

I decided to make it in its original cake form, omitting the walnuts for an allergy.  Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly... crushed pineapple, coconut and all.  For the cooked/pureed carrots, I used a bag that was pre-shredded, brought a small pot of water to a boil and threw them in, turning off the water and letting them sit for 5 minutes.  I then drained them and blended them a bit in my Vitamix.  I also doubled the frosting, because, cream cheese frosting should always be quadrupled.  I mean doubled.  My mother-in-law has been dreaming of this cake each night.  Make it!     




4 comments:

CLF said...

So funny, I made this cake for Easter Sunday as well. Have had the Silver Palate in my cookbook collection for 15+ years. I'm a lot older than you are!! Agree, this cake is delish and it gets even better a day or too later. We finished the last slice today.

Julie @ Girl on the Move said...

This looks yummy! And I couldn't agree more that cream cheese frosting should be doubled!

Linda said...

My favorite cake !!!

Ann Pope said...

The Silver Palate cookbook is great! There is a Brie, tomato, and basil pasta dish that is a must, as well as the Chicken Marbella recipe! Both to die for!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger