.

.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers

3/24/14


It's spring!  I think!  We're expecting a snow storm tomorrow but it's still spring!  Yeaaahhh sooooo... it doesn't really feel like spring YET, but that doesn't mean you can't have a dinnertime burger BBQ inside your house.  You can even wear your bikini as you cook!  If you're a crazy person.  Moving on.

If you love buffalo sauce (like most of my friends) then you will LOVE these burgers.  The other night I was going to make this salad, but I do it so often, I thought I'd try and change it up a bit and make it in burger form.  GOOD IDEA, if I do say so myself.  These burgers were juicy, and spicy, yet completely balanced with the cooling addition of blue cheese and avocado.  I loved them, a lot.  

*Recipe note: do yourself a favor and buy grated carrots at the market.  NO one likes to grate carrots, unless of course you're the type of person that likes to wear their bikini while they cook, in which case you are mental in the head.  Happy Spring!  


Buffalo Chicken Burgers
(Makes 4 burgers, or 8 sliders)

1 lb. ground chicken
3 T olive oil, divided
1/3 cup diced onion (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
1/3 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
1/3 cup grated carrots
1 egg
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (add more if burger mixture is too sticky)
1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 heaping T chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup bottled buffalo sauce, plus more for topping
Whole wheat buns
Burger Toppings (see below)

Heat 1 T of olive oil over medium heat in large skillet.  Add onion, celery and carrots.  Season slightly with salt and pepper, and sauté until vegetables have softened, about 8 minutes.  Set aside and let cool.  In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, panko, blue cheese crumbles, parsley and salt and pepper.  Add cooled vegetables.  Stir until burger mixture is combined.  Form into four patties.  Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.  Add burgers, and cook approximately 8 minutes per side.  Remove burgers, reduce heat to medium, and add buffalo sauce.  Return burgers to pan, and cook in sauce for 1 minute per side.  Serve burgers on whole wheat buns and top with desired toppings.    
            


My toppings: romain lettuce, sliced tomatoes, red onions, avocado and blue cheese crumbles...




I like to add extra buffalo sauce to my burger, as well as a tiny bit of blue cheese dressing.  Yup.  


Also, Buffalo Deviled Eggs for Easter time.

33 comments:

Paige King said...

YUM! I always make my hubby do the terrible jobs (like grating carrots) in the kitchen, and I tell him he is my sous chef...I don't think I'm fooling anyone, but he still does it with only minimal complaining! haha

Anne [A Squared] said...

This is such a good idea! My hubby is obsessed with Buffalo everything-- he would love these!

Unknown said...

My weakness! Oh I can't wait to make this - spring break here and snowing. ...spring where are you?

iamchasingbaby said...

THESE LOOK F-ING AMAZING. Am I allowed to swear on your blog? I want to swear on your blog.

Anonymous said...

I actually had a primordial desire to scream here at work when I saw these pics. An insane tear jerking, jaw clenching, teeth grating desire to just scream...damn Gina.

SHERRY HART said...

Yum. And yes....make life easy and buy shredded carrots.

Juliette & Giselle said...

OMG! I will do those right after the "I stopped smoking and gained 6 pounds diet" which i just started. Looks amazingly yummy. And congrats for #3, you almost made me want one (#3)...

Peter said...

I have been looking for a way to change up my regular way of making burgers. This one looks delicious, and I am a big freak for blue cheese, thank you for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I made these tonight and they were delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I shred my carrots in my little mini cuisinart. You have to clean the thing, but way better than using a cheese grater!

Christa said...

I made these last night and was amazed at how easy they were to make. So delicious. They taste just like buffalo wings, which I dip in blue cheese dressing! Thank you for the recipe!

Heather said...

I just made these for dinner and myself, my husband and my 14 year old daughter LOVED them! The blue cheese dressing on top and red onion made the sandwich. Also, I buttered and toasted my rolls and used Texas Pete's Extra Mild Buffalo (for my daughter). We ooh'ed and aah'ed all the way through the meal. Thank you SP!

Unknown said...

This is a keeper! I made this tonight and we really liked it.

Zareen said...

That looks yummy ... chicken burger is always my favorite and I am always looking for new recipes of chicken burger. I was searching for the same and came across your blog post. Thank you so much for sharing such a delicious post with us. I will definitely try this: Buffalo Chicken Burger.

eslam jexx said...

شركات نقل اثاث بالقاهرة
شركات نقل الاثاث بالمنصورة
شركات نقل الاثاث بالرحاب
نقل عفش التجمع الخامس
نقل اثاث بحلوان
شركة نقل اثاث بالشروق
شركة نقل اثاث 6اكتوبر
شركة نقل الاثاث بالمعادى
نقل اثاث بالهرم والجيزه

eslam jexx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eslam jexx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eslam jexx said...

شركات نقل اثاث بالهرم و الجيزة

شركات نقل اثاث بالسادس من اكتوبر

شركات نقل اثاث بالشيخ زايد

eslam jexx said...

مهما كانت الحموله هتلاقى شركة الرساله معاك برجوله شركات نقل الاثاث

eslam jexx said...

Moving out from your old house to a new one could be a thrilling experience. However, there are several things that need to be done before moving out. Packing things from your old house entails detailed hard work so that when you do the unpacking at your new house, you do not miss out on anything. There are ways to make the process simple so that you can continue to experience the thrill of moving out of your house. Here are some tips that will make moving easy.
شركات نقل اثاث ببنها
شركات نقل اثاث بالعاشر من رمضان
شركات نقل اثاث بالتجمع الخامس
شركات نقل اثاث بمدينة نصر
شركات نقل اثاث بحدائق الاهرام

eslam jexx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eslam jexx said...

شركه نقل اثاث

شركة نقل اثاث

شركة نقل الاثاث

شركه نقل الاثاث

شركات نقل الاثاث

شركات نقل اثاث

شركه نقل عفش

شركة نقل عفش

شركة نقل العفش

شركه نقل العفش

شركات نقل العفش

شركات نقل عفش

eslam jexx said...

شركات نقل الاثاث بالقاهرة

شركات نقل عفش

شركات نقل اثاث بالقاهرة

eslam jexx said...

اسعار نقل العفش


شركات نقل اثاث

eslam jexx said...

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.'طبيب اون لاين' Moving out from your old house to a new one could be a thrilling experience. However,
'تسويق الكترونى'

anosh said...

تنظيف شقق ببريدة
تنظيف ببريده
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرس
تنظيف كنب ببريدة
تنظيف مكيفات ببريدة

anosh said...

تنظيف مجالس ببريدة
تقدم لك شركة بريق اللؤلؤة النتائج الفعالة والسريعة فى الوصول الى إرضائك، كما أن الشركة لديها فريق من أكبر الخبراء والمنتخصصين فى مكافحة الحشرات بكافة أنواعها، كما تقدم لكل عملائها خدمات خاصة للمستشفيات، والفنادق الكبري و المساجد ودور الايتام بأسعار خاصة لكل ما يخص ابادة الحشرات و مكافحه جميع أنواع الحشرات الزاحفة و الطائرة، و جميع أنواع القوارض
رش مبيدات حشرية ببريدة
مكافحة النمل الابيض ببريدة
مكافحة حشرات ببريدة
نقل عفش بالقصيم

Unknown said...


شركة دانة الزهراء فني تكييف مركزي الكويت و تصليح وحدات تكييف وصيانة مكيفات و تصليح ثلاجات
"
و فني تصليح غسالات اتوماتيك تصليح من فنيين معتمدين على مدار 7 أيام 24 ساعه خدمات منزل جميع مناطق الكويت"
صيانة تكييف مركزي

Unknown said...

Company descriptions :-
موقع كويت 24 ساعة هو افضل موقع اخباري عربي متخصص في اخبار دولة الكويت والخليج العربي والعالم بأكمله، تابع معنا اخر اخبار الكويت لحظة بلحظة.
Kuwait News

Unknown said...

فني تكييف الكويت تقدم لكم جميع خدمات فني تكييف ٢٤ ساعه و تصليح مكيفات و فني تكييف مركزي هندي
، صيانة تكييف مركزي و تصليح تكييف مركزي و تصليح وحدات تكييف
تركيب تكييف و كمبروسرات جديد و مستامل جميع مناطق بالكويت
تصليح مكيفات

ارخص شركات نقل اثاث فى مصر said...

شركات نقل اثاث بالاسكندرية
شركات نقل اثاث بالمنصورة

alam said...

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing. طريقة تبليغ الأحكام الغيابية

eslam jexx said...

شركة نقل الاثاث بعين شمس

شركة نقل الاثاث بالمهندسين

شركة نقل الاثاث بالشيخ زايد

eslam jexx said...

نقل عفش وتغليف الاثاث
مستشار قانونى
شركة نقل الاثاث بالمنصورة
شركة نقل الاثاث بمصر الجديدة
منجز دوت كوم
عقد زواج عرفى

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger