.

.

Beef Stew in Red Wine Sauce

3/5/14


Have you ever moved?  Like, REALLY moved... far, far away?  Did you find yourself taking naps on piles and piles of packing paper in between unpacking box after box?  So my friends, we just moved straight across the country from California to New York.  Here is my new kitchen window view...  


Brrr.  I spent a lot of my childhood in Connecticut and then MINNESOTA.  My college years were spent in Wisconsin.  Therefore, I should be used to cold weather, yes?  Nope.  Ten years spent in California were enough to turn me into a HUGE baby.  But I'm still enjoying the view of the fluffy white stuff, and I'm ready to savor every budding moment of spring with the rest of the townsfolk who have been enduring this crazy winter for months.  Am I allowed to do that?  I'm going to.  

We were supposed to get yet another big snow storm on Monday and I was excited.  I bought stuff to bake cookies, I bought stuff to make stew, I was going to listen to music and stare at my kids out that window as they built snowmen.  Aaaand, we barely got a dusting.  Oh well!  I still made stew!  And it was delicious.  I like really hearty, rich sauces to accompany my beef, and this red wine sauce did not disappoint!  I skipped the whole pancetta/lardon step because it freaked me out and I didn't miss it.  (I know, I didn't miss bacon).  Can I eat leftovers for breakfast?  WHAT, it's cold??!

Recipe here.


*Sorry for the iPhone photos, but I can't locate the box that has my camera in it.  Or my car phone charger.  Or that one hoodie that I really want to wear.  Or...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stew looks yummy! 2 weeks after we moved my in- laws came for my son's graduation and my MIL asked me why my boxes weren't ALL unpacked! Wishing you many happy memories in your new home!

Linda said...

Welcome back to the East Coast...We are thrilled to have you !

Uncle Jon said...

Siri, so good to hear your move was(is) a success. Spring should come soon! However you really need to add the pancetta. It adds a great complexity to the flavor. And it is not "freaky" - but it isn't always easy to find a chunk, not slices. You need a good deli or meat market.

Anonymous said...

I still have a box I haven't unpacked from years ago. wonder what's really in that.

Hope unpacking goes well. But you did find your LeCreuset.

Ah, the irony... you go thru all that gorgeous rehab of your CA kitchen and you move. Hope you are enjoying your new digs as well as your east coast kitchen.

Cynthia Claydon, Edina MN said...

When do we get to see the new kitchen?

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are amazing to move your whole family and two tiny kids across the country in winter and STILL blog for us. Welcome east!

Glad you missed the grimmest freeze. Spring is near and so is sticky summer so enjoy spring and thank you for posting!

LuRuSo said...

Welcome to the East Coast! Perhaps the snow missed us because you Californians are giving us some better winter luck. Here's hoping. Until then, let's all eat stew!

Cynthia said...

You just remodelef your kitchen. Did you hate to leave it? We just moved from NC to TN and it has been hard. We have not found a house yet. Wishing you the best!!!

Lamchop said...

Siri - Congratulations and welcome to back east! Sooo happy Today gobbled Carson up - he's just what they needed! I AM sorry that you had to leave your newly remodled kitchen...but...just think, a whole new area to have fun in!

jane said...

But you just remodeled your kitchen !

Anonymous said...

I am a big lover of spicy and oriental food, especially love to cook different with the help of Chicken Recipes present on the internet. This dish like many of your other recipes have added another flavor in my list.

Linda said...

Stay warm... I'll send you pictures of sunshine and palm trees!!!! Lol,
P.S. this stew looks amazing !!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This looks delish. I will make it once I get over this god forsaken mother lovin' stomach bug. Glad u have started cooking in your new home. Looking forward to your first baking treat!

Unknown said...

I can SO relate-- except I just moved from Boston to sunny Los Angeles. Aside from not having to do any "adjusting" to the weather, my camera is also stashed away and blogging has taken a back seat. But if I loved all those Boston winters for any reason, it was the countless opportunities to consume stew and soup. Enjoy the fluffy white stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger