.

.

Linguine with Kale, Pine Nuts and Pecorino

9/9/13


I read the best quote on one of my favorite food sites which I will re-quote here: "the world would be a better place if we could all stop pretending that kale tastes good."  Oh, that makes me chuckle.  I actually do like it, but only if it's in chip form (here), surrounded by avocado (here), or a part of fried rice (here).  I'm not going to munch on the raw leaf and proclaim, "I love kale!"  But here's another way to enjoy the vegetable: in pasta.  Whole wheat pasta!  I am so healthy, who wants to go for a jog?!  (Have fun.)  Inspired by that little food blog above, I combined kale with garlic, panko, toasted pine nuts, pecorino and pasta and it was delicious.  Sprinkled with some good olive oil, served along side fresh tomatoes and avocado (which we ended up eating with the pasta bites) and you've got yourself a meal worthy of bikini season.  Oh it's fall?  Never mind let's get fat.      

*Please excuse the paper plates.  Our dishwasher hasn't been installed yet and I'm lazy.  And thank you for being patient with the kitchen reveal.  I'm trying to find a moment to take a picture when it's clean and there aren't transformers cluttering the counters.  So can you wait 14 more years?


Linguine with Kale, Pine Nuts and Pecorino 
(Serves 4-6)

1 box whole wheat linguine
2 T extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup panko
2 cloves minced garlic,
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 head of kale, finely chopped
Grated pecorino
Salt and pepper 

In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.  Add garlic, panko and pine nuts.  Toast, stirring frequently, until golden brown.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside in a small bowl.  Using the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.  Add chopped kale and sauté until it just begins to wilt.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add panko mixture and toss.  Set aside.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then throw in some salt.  Add linguine and cook until al dente.  Remove with slotted spoon (or drain) and add to skillet with kale and panko.  Toss, add a generous amount of pecorino, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!  





Also, the winner of the new Weelicious Cookbook is... The Lazy Standup!  Please email me, you'll find my contact info at the top : )

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This will be a good way for me to use the kale that is exploding in my little garden. Thanks!

Unknown said...

You totally won me over with the panko in this recipe. Looks delicious!

Hester @ The Chef Doc said...

This is a great recipe! We are totally on the same page with kale. My most recent post on my website is a fabulous lightbulb that I had: kale and garlic mashed potatoes! Mmm, it was just beautiful.

I can't wait to try this recipe out, Siri. Thank you for sharing it with us. I bought two bunches of curly kale today because I just couldn't help myself: they were 69 cents a bunch! Now I know what to do with them!

Anonymous said...

just saw the announcement about the Today show job - hope you get to keep your kitchen - and or also get an awesome one in nyc.

Audrey said...

This was delicious! Thanks for sharing. Does the kale help to counteract the 2 big portions I ate?

Unknown said...

Made this last night for Josh! We added heirloom tomatoes and used spinach linguini....it was the best! Thanks for great recipe my friend!

Unknown said...

I have made this twice now and my husband ate leftovers for lunch. I doubled the garlic which makes the kale actually taste delicious, dare I say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger