.

.

Fried Rice with Kale and Scallions

4/19/11


Don't let the name fool you, this is about as healthy as a "fried rice" can get. A tablespoon of vegetable oil and a tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce combined with brown rice, kale, scallions and garlic. And it's wonderful... slightly nutty, earthy, bright and full of flavor. Still couldn't get Jack to "gobble it up" as Gwyneth says Moses does. Oh yeah, did I mention this is one of her recipes? Did I mention she's my muse?

I never like blatantly copying recipes from cookbooks on this blog, because I like to promote cookbook buying. Of course, if it exists somewhere on the Internet, I will link, because hey, I didn't do it. But I will recap recipes. Recapping isn't illegal.

kale cut into ribbons and then steamed...


finely chopped garlic and scallions, then sauteed in vegetable oil...


kale added...


brown rice and soy sauce added, sauteed a few minutes more...


That recap was pretty much an exact how-to. Oops.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks amazing I can't wait to try! I love Kale & I am always looking for new ways to use it. Love your blog :)

Kelly said...

Just made this and it was so good! I used spinach instead since I couldn't find kale at the grocery store. I also added babybel cheese with salt and pepper on top of the fried rice.

Kelly said...

I mean Brown rice oops!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger