Have you heard of the latest culinary craze, the Ramen Burger? It's a burger sandwiched between two patties of fried ramen noodles, in place of a bun. Sounds absurd, yes? It is absurd. AND WONDERFUL TOO.
I was sent some products from Annie Chun's - a variety of all natural Asian Cuisine - and someone from their team suggested I try out the new "bun" with the ramen noodles. It was easy to do and the result was oddly fantastic - crispy Ramen framing a juicy burger, yum. Follow these simple steps to create your own at home:
1. Cook noodles in 1 1/2 cups of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain. (I did not use the flavor packet)
2. Divide Ramen into 2 bowls or ramekins that resemble patty size.
3. Place plastic wrap on top of noodles and weigh down with cans - tuna worked well for me. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
4. Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully remove noodles from bowl and cook until golden brown on both sides.
And now, a giveaway...
Please comment below to win all of this! And let me know if you would try a Ramen Burger?
1. You must be an official follower of this blog to win (click follow icon on the right).
2. Follow me on Twitter for an extra entry (comment below twice if you do).
3. Only open to residents of U.S. and Canada.
4. Winner will be chosen at random on Monday, August 26th at 8am PST.