.

.

Crispy Artichoke Hearts

7/15/13


I ate a ridiculously good appetizer over the weekend - which was creamy burrata cheese served with crispy artichoke hearts.  Simple, but the different textures and flavors were incredible.  While I don't know how to make my own burrata (one day... one day I will have cows and churn butter), I did figure out how to make crispy artichokes and it was stupid easy.  Buy a can or jar of artichoke hearts, drain them, heat about 1/2 inch olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat, add artichokes and pan fry! I left them in for a couple of minutes per side.  Using a slotted spoon, I removed them onto a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkled them with sea salt.  Eat these plain or with burrata or over a salad or... you tell me.  The possibilities are endless.  Hope you enjoyed your weekends, Internet friends!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too hot to cook and too hot to fry but these look delicious.

frizz said...

My friend is bringing over artichokes tomorrow from her parents' farm. I wonder if she'll leave a couple extra for me to fry... Looks amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger