.

.

Red Lentils with Feta and Tomato

5/20/13


As I type this, I'm sitting in my family room staring at large pieces of plywood and plastic covering.  I can't see my kitchen.  Have I mentioned we're redoing our kitchen?  So you'll have to bear with my postings for the next few months.  I might make a lot of peanut butter toast and easy mac & cheese.  Which both sound delicious to me!  But for now lets talk about lentils.  Lentils!  Doesn't that excite you??  Well it should, because while they might have a bad reputation, they're delicious.  I've had a bag of red lentils in my pantry for months, and I finally decided to do something with them over the weekend.  And because my best friend AND her sister are having babies on the same day, which is today(!), and because my mind is being blown over this construction, I am not going to write a recipe...

Take one cup of red lentils and put them in a pot with one cup of water.  Bring to a boil, then lower temp, cover and let simmer for roughly 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.  Meanwhile, sauté halved cherry tomatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil.  Add 1 clove of minced garlic and then a splash of really good balsamic.  Let cook over low heat until all bubbly and delicious.  Once lentils are done, add tomato mixture and crumbled feta cheese.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  A great side dish!  


5 comments:

tara said...

Omg thanks for sharing this! I have been trying to make more lentils and this dish looks delicious and easy.

Good luck with the kitchen remodel! Can't wait to see pics! You're going to put pics, right?

Lil said...

Looks delicious! And I love the way the blog reads on my iphone now too. Have you tried any of the recipes from Plenty by Ottolenghi - this lentil dish reminded me of one the best lentil salads I have ever had there - maybe too many steps but swoon-inducing.

I got the recipe from the book but see a copy of it here - http://janieskitchen.com/2013/01/14/lentil-gorgonzola-salad/

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum. I have a bag of lentils in the pantry that I have no idea what to do with. Now I do. Yay!

Unknown said...

Yummy... I love lentils, did you know that you can sprout them for salads or sandwiches also...

Unknown said...

Looks yummy, thanks! Sweet on the new kitchen. How about more grill recipes so our guys can cook for us?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger