.

.

Corn on the Cob Cupcakes

5/27/13


Can you even handle how much these look like corn??  I couldn't handle it as I started spotting them online (here and here for example), and you know I will attempt any sort of baked good that blows my mind.  They seemed perfect for Memorial Day weekend, but would also be appropriate at any summer BBQ sooooo... off you go, to your local candy store for jelly beans.  Buy some coke bottle gummies while you're there.  Run don't walk, trip don't fall, what?     

I made Mascarpone Cupcakes with a Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting (1 cup unsalted room temp butter, 1 lb. powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp vanilla paste, 2 T milk) and then lightly colored the frosting pale yellow.  For the jelly beans, I used yellow (pina colada), white (french vanilla) and a darker, speckled gold (banana).  The pats of butter are lemon Starbursts that I flattened with my fingers.  Finally, on the top I sprinkled some white and green sanding sugar to reflect salt and Italian herbs.  As they began to take shape, I could feel the stupid grin creep up my face and my body started twitching into a happy dance.  I don't like the term "foodie" but I do like to call myself a FOOD GEEK.      





GAH!!  FOOD NERD CAN'T HANDLE!!

10 comments:

tara said...

Holy shit!! Those TOTALLY look like corn!! Oh my god, you did an amazing job!! I love it! What a good idea. Saving this idea for 4th of July.

TILTE said...

Oh my gosh, these are so crazy! My mouth isn't sure if it should be watering out of savory or sweetness.

Gretchen said...

Coolest thing ever!!

Unknown said...

just LOL'ing at your stupid grin.

Unknown said...

No. Freakin'. Way. I love them!. I need to have a BBQ this weekend just so I can make them. Thank you for finding these and making them!!!!

Jen said...

I most definitely made these today using a lemon cupcake recipe and buttercream icing that I colored yellow. I used lemon, french vanilla, and banana jelly beans. I must say... CUTEST CUPCAKES EVER (and quite delicious too!)! My recipe I used made 30 cupcakes (which me, my husband, and 4 kids do NOT need sitting around the house tempting us), so I gave some to my mother in law and our neighbors. Everybody commented how delicious and cute they were. thanks for the cute idea!

Oh... I used this recipe for the lemon cupcakes... very good and very mild lemon flavor. Even my four year old loved them!

I found this delicious recipe using the Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner™ on my Android device. View the recipe on Allrecipes.com now: 
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lemon-Cupcakes-2/Detail.aspx 

Or you can download the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner™ application on your Android device for free here: 
http://allrecipes.com/features/more/android.aspx

Jennifer Benak

Lil said...

this is the most amazing post ever! I kind of don't want you to ever post anything again and just have this remain the post for the rest of forever. However, that is not true - and although I bow in the awesomeness of this one (pictures and all), I look forward to the next. Still nuke-poaching my eggs because of you --

Ann Jones said...

These are awesome! So perfect for the 4th of July, I need to try making these this year. Great idea :)

Lil said...

love that they are still here - a suggestion: replace the picture of chocolate cake under the side bar for not nutritious with this pic!

Unknown said...

Cutest cupcakes ever... On another note can you help, do you know what to do when the google blogger acct keeps deleating every one of the blogs that I'm following? This has happened twice now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger