.

.

Patsy's Turkey Burgers with Garlic Mayo Dip

2/26/13


Guess what?  If you send me recipes, I will make them.  Most of the time.  If they sound deliciously irresistible, that is.  No pressure.  A friend/reader constantly sends me recipes and I have them all bookmarked.  I finally got around to these turkey burgers, named after one of her relatives.  Ground turkey mixed with all sorts of vibrant, somewhat southwestern ingredients, fried up as sliders and dipped in a tangy garlic mayo.  She recommended topping them with avocado, which I did, and I also added mushrooms and served them over sourdough toast.  They were superb.  Patsy probably doesn't follow a recipe, since she invented these, but I tried to throw one together for you.  Send me more recipes!  Send me more recipes!  But only if they're irresistibly delicious.      



Patsy's Turkey Burgers with Garlic Mayo Dip
(Makes approx. 15 sliders)
Printable Recipe

Burgers:
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro (I used cilantro)
5 or 6 chopped green onions (tops and bottoms)
Poblano pepper, finely chopped
Anaheim pepper, finely chopped
1 large egg
1 T mayo
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
1/2 tsp salt

Mayo:
1/4 cup mayo
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced

Throw all burger ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon or your hands.  Form them into slider size (or regular burger size if you wish).  Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the burgers until cooked through (roughly 5 minutes a side if you're making sliders).  Whisk mayo ingredients together and serve.





5 comments:

tara said...

Oh my god I'm drooling!

What's the side dish you have in the background of that picture? It looks delicious also.

Siri said...

Good old broccoli and cheese. Frozen broccoli no less!

Linda said...

This I will have to try!! Looks amazing!!

Lauren said...

These look awesome! Did you just cook the mushrooms in the leftover turkey burger pan?

Siri said...

Lauren - I didn't, but you certainly can. Less dishes after!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger