.

.

Monkey Bread

7/27/12


How have I had a blog for this long without posting about Monkey Bread???  Seriously, it's wrong, you shouldn't forgive me.  You should be all, "It's a little too late, Siri, you Monkey Bread recipe hoarderer."  And my response will be, "Hoarderer isn't a word, my spell check said so."  And then you go, "Are you making fun of me??  I'm one of your blog followers, you idiot."  Then I'll apologize and send you some Monkey Bread in the mail, except that will never happen because I ate it all.

Now, you can make Monkey Bread from scratch, but I like to use a good old Pillsbury recipe because it's easy, and because it's incredible.  Buttermilk biscuits are quartered and then coated with cinnamon sugar.  They're placed in a tube pan (or I use a bundt pan), coated with butter and brown sugar, and baked.  The result: a pastry that you pull apart (like a monkey?) to reveal a soft, gooey, buttery center with a cinnamon sugar-crusted exterior.  You will die.  Literally, you will, because you'll eat it all, and then you'll die.    

*All grass shots taken by Katy at Chasing You Photo*





If you eat fruit with it it's healthy.





10 comments:

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Gorgeous! Try making a savory monkey bread with pizza dough stuffed with mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and coated in garlic buttter. You'll thank me later.

Siri said...

What's that you just said?!? MUST TRY.

Linda said...

Yummy, and so easy using the biscuits !! I hope to soon see pizza monkey bread !!

Jackie said...

I don't know how everyone else makes it, but I learned from an old Lutheran church cookbook to heat the butter and brown sugar and a pinch of cinnamon together in a pan just until it comes to a boil and then remove from the heat and pour over the biscuits in the Bundt pan. Also, always always *always* use real butter. Seriously. Margarine just won't do for this! I make this for the cops my hubby works with and he sends them a message when he's bringing it in. By the time he gets to work there are people who aren't even on duty showing up to get some! I've given a few of them the recipe and they say it doesn't taste the same when they or their wives make it. I'm guessing they use margarine. ;)

I also don't do the raisins and nuts listed in the Pillsbury one, but that's a personal preference. It's perfect without it in my opinion ;)

Siri said...

I left out the raisins and nuts too, Jackie : )

Jess said...

you MUST make the pizza monkey bread. Little dude will thank you....and so will your feet after a long day and you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove. get the mozzerella sticks and cut them down and have little man help you wrap the biscuits around :-D

Tara said...

This post inspired my family's breakfast this morning-- but instead of an entire bundt pan I made monkey bread muffins! SO yummy!

Foodie Stuntman said...

Ooh! This looks decadent!

Julie @ Living on the Ledge said...

Siri - do you ever have the problem of the bread not baking all the way through and then you have some really doughy, unbaked pieces? Why do I have this issue?!

Siri said...

Julie - I didn't have an issue this time. I sometimes do for breads baked in loaf pans though. It probably helps if you have an amazing oven - mine was made sometime in the '70's : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger