.

.

Pink Lemonade Cake Pops

5/11/12


I had one of those moments in the store the other day where you walk by something and absentmindedly throw it in your cart.  Like, absolutely no thought process involved.  My subconscious saw 'Pink Lemonade Cake Mix' and somewhere, in the far corners of my brain, I thought, YupMustHaveNoBrainerGonnaBuyItDon'tKnowWhy.   


And then I had to buy the Pink Lemonade Frosting that went with it OBVIOUSLY. 


They sat in my pantry for a few weeks until yesterday, when I suddenly decided what I wanted to do with them.  Cake Pops.  Have you ever attempted to make a Cake Pop before?  They're not the easiest thing in the world to pull off.  The cake/frosting combo gets VERY messy and working with melted white chocolate is never easy unless it's a very high quality product.  The next time I make these, I'll use regular chocolate.  All that said, aren't they purty?  

For more detailed instructions on how to make cake balls or pops, check out this website.

cake batter...


crumbled baked cake + frosting...


rolled into balls and then chilled...


lollipop sticks...


getting ready to dip...


cake pops...


7 comments:

agalandherdog said...

Those look so good! I haven't seen the pink lemonade cake mix yet!

Linda said...

Yum these look great !!

Jess said...

dude- yum. I'm on the lookout for this cake mix now!

Lynn said...

Do you use a whole container of icing per one box of mix?

Amanda said...

Yum!! I'm going to look for this cake mix today. I've made cake balls a number of times, and I've found a product called CandiQuik works really well for the outside. It melts easily, stays melted long enough to dip a good number of cake balls, has a good flavor, and hardens just a bit (think Magic Shell for ice cream) giving the cake ball exterior just a slight crunch. (here: http://www.candiquik.com/) I don't know if it's available wherever you are, but here in Texas, I pick it up at the local Kroger or Wal-Mart.

Siri said...

Lynn- yes : )

waddles0608 said...

My stepmom made me just a regular cake with this pink lemonade mix and frosting yesterday---OH MY AMAZING! It's like someone took pink lemonade and put it in cake form. LOVE IT. She brought me two more boxes of it, and I will be making these cake pops!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger