.

.

Strawberry Jam

4/30/12


OR we could call it Strawberry Sauce too...


I had never made jam before, and after looking at a bunch of recipes online I settled on Ina's recipe, because Ina is a superhero.  It was very simple, although I got slightly tired of hulling and halving pounds of strawberries.  But it was worth it!  Her recipe didn't call for smashing the berries at all, but I like my jam less chunky, so I used my handheld mixer to blend them a bit.  It's definitely on the thinner side of jams (maybe I could have thickened it by simmering longer?) but that doesn't bother me, because you can drizzle it on top of vanilla ice cream and that is a good thing.  

 sterilizing the jars...


berries and citrus...


sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice...


simmering jam...


 

1 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

YUM!! Last time I made strawberry jam it didn't set up either. Oh well it was good nonetheless! I made some grape jelly this weekend, so far it's not jelled yet...hoping it will soon cause grape on vanilla ice cream sounds less exciting than strawberries do :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger