I had never baked an egg until this morning. I don't know why, I don't know why you guys. It was so easy and the egg turned out so uniformly perfect. I overcooked mine a little because I wasn't in the mood for runny, but you can keep yours in the oven for as long as your heart desires. Follow these simple, simple steps and you will be happy.
1. Butter a ramekin. (Or a Mini Le Creuset dish, oh how cute.)
2. Carefully crack one egg into dish.
3. Sprinkle with a little heavy cream or milk.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes (runny) or 15 minutes (hard).
*The toppings are endless. Herbs, bread crumbs, tomatoes, spinach, cheese, etc.