.

.

Homemade English Muffins

9/29/11


Hey everyone in the world!!!  Listen to me!!!  Making homemade English Muffins is an outrageously easy thing to do!!!  Simple ingredients, no hours upon hours of dough rising required AND... you don't even use your oven.  That's right, you cook the dough on a griddle on your stovetop.  After our science lesson last week, I applied my new 'do not over-mix' knowledge and ended up with a muffin full of nooks and crannies.  Nooks and crannies?  Am I an elderly British woman??  Anyway.  I copied HER and used THIS RECIPE, because with this recipe I didn't have to go out and buy dried milk.  Please, only elderly British woman have dried milk in their cupboard.    

Post-punched dough...


Rolling out the dough, surprisingly easy to work with...


Cutting out the muffins...


Resting, rising.  I used Semolina flour instead of cornmeal because I've had Semolina flour for a year and I've never used it.  Prediction: a celebrity couple will soon name their daughter Semolina.  


On the hot griddle...


Cooling...


Say, look!  Nooks and crannies!  


Jack's dinner last night...


*Note: next time I would add more salt to the dough.  For now, I've been using slated butter after toasting.

3 comments:

Brunette & Blessed said...

OMGEEE! This looks amazing. seriously impressed

Gretchen said...

Make some of these for me next time I visit...yummmm!!

iamchasingbaby said...

I think I might just have another. Again. Now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger