.

.

Tuna and Avocado Tartare on Sesame Wonton Crisps

8/8/11


Tartare sounds so fancy, doesn't it? You don't MAKE tartare, you eat it at fancy restaurants while drinking crisp white wine. Well, NOT ANYMORE (insert commercial voice). It's extremely simple to make, all you need is some sushi-grade tuna (most markets sell that, just ask) and a sharp knife to cut it with. And it's delicious and you can impress your friends and eat it at home without drinking stupid crisp white wine.

I loosely followed this recipe, but I was missing a few ingredients like wasabi paste, rice vinegar, green onions and chives. Oh, and California Caviar (come on now). Really wish I would have had wasabi, it was missing that heat. Also the rice vinegar, it was missing that tang. The onions and chives would have been nice too. Alright FINE, and the California Caviar, whatever that is, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (That's me crying.) (I like to explain myself in parentheticals).

crispy wontons (a must-read wonton story)...


avocado and cucumber (we missed you green onions and chives)...


pretty pink tuna...


tartare...


4 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I've never had a tartar. there. I said it. This looks pretty darn good - I love avocados and all the Asian flavors in it. Heck I'd even drink the stupid crisp white wine :)

Unknown said...

This looks amazing.

iamchasingthirty said...

Oh this excites me. Getting so close to sushitime!!

Linda said...

Ooh yummy I had the tuna tartar at BJ's the other day with my sister and it was sooo good that I've been thinking about it and craving some now I guess I'll have to try to make my own!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger