.

.

Butter Stuff Cookies

7/11/11


Peanut BUTTER. BUTTERfingers. BUTTERscotch. And... BUTTER. Hence, the name. I used to make these all of the time, back in my cubicle days. I think my brother named them, yes? Dylan? Anyhoos. The other day I was daydreaming about butter, and I remembered these cookies. Therefore, I made them. "Therefore" and "hence" in one blog post. I'm a professor.

Butter Stuff Cookies
(Makes approx. 3 dozen)
Printable Recipe

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/4 cups golden brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg. butterscotch chips
2 Butterfingers, smashed

Preheat oven to 350. With mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until smooth. Add peanut butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.



In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in butterscotch chips and smashed candy bars (I like to smack them, wrapper on, with a meat pounder, but a hammer with work too).


Dough, dough, dough, dough...


Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies begin to brown.

1 comments:

Claire M. said...

I'll try this at home. My kids love to eat butter cookies ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger