.

.

Slow Roasted Tomatoes

4/18/11


I have Weekend Belly. That's a term I just invented. It's when the food you ate and drank over the weekend visibly protrudes from your belly on Monday morning. Ok, come on. Look down at your belly. Do you see that weird lump in the corner that resembles a bagel? Weekend Belly.

Anyway, last night I felt the need to put something in the oven that didn't include butter, chocolate or bacon. And then I found the perfect idea in my new favorite cookbook. Slow Roasted Tomatoes! I happened to have a bunch of the vine-ripened kind. So I took out the core, cut them horizontally, sprinkled some olive oil and sea salt on top, and roasted them for 3 hours in a 275 degree oven...



And then I served them atop cheesy toast.


Oh look! I see the cheesy toast right there in my belly! Good god...

2 comments:

Making Peace With Potato Chips said...

I've got a similar recipe from Provencal, doesn't cook as long and has garlic and parsley and breadcrumbs. Want to try it?

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Great idea! i have 5 on the vine tomatoes that need a purpose in life, I believe this is it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger