.

.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies... again.

4/19/11


Yesterday, I was feeling blue. It is not important why, because this blog is about food, not colors. So I baked for no reason, because spontaneously stirring butter always cheers me up. Besides, I had ripe bananas that were begging me to turn them into cookies.

If you're new to this blog, back in the day I came up with a recipe for a cookie. It was the first, 'wait-a-minute-I-can-come-up-with-recipes' moment for me. Yesterday, I decided to make them again. Because since I first made them, I now offer printable recipes, and I take better pictures, and I have new followers (I love you). So without further adieu, I introduce to you the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookie... again.


Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
(Makes 2 dozen large cookies)
Printable Recipe

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, for dusting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mash 2 ripened bananas.



To the bowl, add butter, peanut butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.


In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.


Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to combine.


Stir in chocolate chips. Place dough in fridge and chill for 30 minutes.


While dough is chilling, combine the sugar and cinnamon for dusting in a small bowl.


Drop dough by large spoonful onto a parchment (or silpat mat) lined baking sheet. Let your chubby-legged assistant help you sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.


Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.


These taste like banana bread/cookie/muffin/perfection. I'm sirious.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

I LOVE that you posted this recipe again!! I siriously (haha) make these scrumptious cookies about once a month for myself and my boyfriend, and every time we agree that this is the best cookie EVER!! I add peanut butter chips to mine as well to give it a little more PB flavor!! DELICIOUS!! Now i just may have to make these AGAIN for the second time this month ;-) Yay !

Anika said...

i love the way you write. siriously.

:)

and thanks for the great recipes,
greeting from germany,
anika

Kim @The Little Things said...

This is the first of your recipes I made and probably still my fave. The doc has put me on a 'no sweets' (aka, no fun) diet until the baby comes, but once she does I will be whipping up a batch of these...in all my spare time.

Gretchen said...

LOVE these cookies. And I LOVE the pic of your little helper :)

Virginia said...

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for today and couldn't find in any of my books. (I have lots of bananas)!) I should have known to come right to you.

All I want to know is: Is he on the counter, or are your floors clean enough to put a cookie sheet down on? Siriously.

Tonya Gossard said...

Yep, and now i too will make these again. YUMMM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger