.

.

Roasting Red Peppers 101

2/15/11


I always buy roasted red peppers in a jar, and until yesterday, I hadn't realized how easy they are to make yourself. Thanks eHow! There are stovetop methods, grilling methods, but I chose the oven. Place on baking sheet...


...and put in oven under a low broil. Roast for 5-10 minutes, until the skin starts to char and blister...


...then turn over and roast on all sides. Remove from oven, instantly place in plastic bag, and let steam for 15-20 minutes...


...remove from bag, and peel off the skin. Easy peasy! Remove seeds and chop.

1 comments:

Stevie said...

Thank you! That's waaayyy less scary than the stovetop method I saw on Cooking Channel: Chuck actually placed the pepper ON THE BURNER. No pan.

I'll use this method instead. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger