.

.

Salted Caramels

1/13/11


I almost woke up at 5:30am to write this post. Almost. Of course I didn't, but that's how excited I was to share this with you. I've never been a big Milk Duds, Rolos or Milky Way fan. Caramel in candy just isn't my thing. But HOMEMADE caramel, holy balls of fire THAT is my thing.

I've been wanting to make these Salted Caramels for awhile, but my lack of owning a candy thermometer stopped me. Until yesterday when I thought, PSHAWWWWW, I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR, I DO NOT NEED A SILLY BILLY CANDY THERMOMETER! So I decided to try it without one and it worked! I just followed Ina's instructions to a T (replacing fleur de sel with plain old sea salt) and they turned out mighty delicious. A touch of sea salt brings out every dimension of this creamy, luscious caramel... and now I sound like one of those commercials where a woman sits alone in an oversized arm chair eating chocolate, gross.

Click HERE for recipe.

Cream, butter and salt simmering...


Corn syrup, sugar and water boiling...


Combined...


Poured into a pan...


Totally burnt my tongue licking this spoon...


Chilled and removed from pan...


Rolled...


Cut...


Wrapped...

9 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my god.

Gretchen said...

Send me a little box of these please :)

agalandherdog said...

Will you come live with me and make delicious things all day? Your son is welcome and I'm sure the bf could spare you, right?

Valerie said...

So, I've been dying to make these and the only reason I haven't is because I don't own a candy thermometer! HAHA. We live the same life. But now that I know I don't need one, I might just make them this weekend. They look insane.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Homemade caramel is the stuff that dreams are made of!

BAM said...

Drool! I'm all over this one!

Evie said...

There is nothing, and I repeat, nothing, like the combination of caramel and salt. Yuuuuummmm.

Mark said...

please, may i have several dozens of these for me to eat, please?

Linda said...

I wanted to try a recipe for homemade caramels that I got from a dear friend this Christmas ..but ran out of time, Yours look soooo yummy, Want to send 1 just 1 home with Roger?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger