.

.

CW: Martha's Pumpkin Bread

10/27/10


Day 3 of Cookbook Week, coming at ya, and I don't know why I'm talking like an old fashioned radio DJ...

3. MARTHA STEWART'S BAKING HANDBOOK, by Martha Stewart.
Put your personal opinions about Ms. Stewart aside, the lady knows how to make "good things." Her baking handbook has the most wonderful recipes, everything from bagels to wedding cakes to savory tarts. She also includes pictures of equipment and techniques that I find very helpful, and I imagine a beginning baker would too.


Yesterday I decided to try her pumpkin bread, because tis the season! It was superb. Moist and full of sweet and spicy pumpkin goodness. I couldn't find the recipe on her site but I found it HERE. I cut it in half and only made one loaf.

flour and spices...


punkin' and sugars...


eggs and oil...


buttermilk* and dry ingredients added...


bread and butter...


*Buttermilk really grosses me out. I love baking with it, but I can barely look at it until it's incorporated. Anyone else? Ew.

1 comments:

agalandherdog said...

I might have to try this one too. Buttermilk grosses me out as well. Can I use milk instead?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger