.

.

Toasted Coconut Marshmallows

7/9/10


No, I did not simply toast coconut and place on top store-bought marshmallows. I MADE MARSHMALLOWS! FROM SCRATCH! AND YOU CAN MAKE THEM TOO! CAN YOU IMAGINE S'MORES WITH HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS?? WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING!?

You can find the recipe here, and yes, it's another Ina one. Dame Ina. I just "damed" her, because she deserves a royal title like that. Or maybe I'll just start calling her God. God Ina.

toasted coconut...


gelatin and water...


corn syrup, sugar, water and salt...


mix it all together...


the fluffy stuff...


spread atop the coconut...


marshmallow...


2 Tips:

1. To spread, wet your hands.
2. To cut, wet your knife.

7 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

delicious!! marshmallows have been on my 'must make' list for way too long. Must make soon!

Valerie said...

Siri, these look amazing! I actually just made homemade marshmallows for "hot chocolate on a stick" last week and everyone asked me if I melted store bought marshmallows too! Haha. They were amazing and so easy to make.

http://redvinesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2010/06/hot-chocolate-on-stick.html

Have a great weekend!

Valerie

Hannah said...

My office is going crazy. They don't believe it's possible to make a marshmallow.

LuRuSo said...

OK, YOU'VE CONVINCED ME TO GIVE IT A TRY! (Sorry about the yelling, I was trying to keep with the theme).

Mark said...

i agree - not only can you NOT make marshmallows - i am quite certain it is illegal to do so.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Today I thought, I wonder how Siri is doing. And I'm so glad I stopped by! These look amazing and definitely a must for these summer days.

Andrea N. said...

Came across this post last night and made them. So good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger