.

.

Roasted Tomato and Asparagus Egg White Frittata

5/27/10


Brinner again last night. I've been trying to cook healthier dinners for summertime. Yeah, I know, I usually associate the word "healthy" with a big, exaggerated SIGH. However, cutting back on butter does not have to mean sacrificing flavor. Garlic, balsamic, herbs and GREEK YOGURT will be my new best friends. And I will NEVER stop baking. Ever. Ever, ever. I just need to find some new people to randomly hand out baked goods to.

Anyway, back to the Siriously Nutritious meal I made last night. I love to roast vegetables. Little bit of olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper... transforms even the most boring veggie into something super. Check it, yo. (Sorry, that was stupid.)

Roasted Tomato and Asparagus Egg White Frittata
(Serves 2)

6 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat Feta
1/2 cup chopped asparagus tips
1/2 cup sliced in half cherry tomatoes
3 T olive oil
3 T balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
Grated Romano

Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, toss asparagus tips and tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Place on a baking dish. Roast in oven for 12-15 minutes.



In another bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk. Add roasted veggies and feta cheese and stir. Pour into lightly greased baking dish (smallest one you have if you're serving 2 people). Grate Romano on top.


Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until golden.


I served this with a yummy salad. To be continued...

1 comments:

BridgetJordan said...

I'm making this frittata very very soon - looks really good. If I lived near you I would accept your baked goods also :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger