.

.

Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken with Mustard Dipping Sauce

4/29/10

I have to be honest. This almost tasted too healthy for my liking. I am trying very hard to curb this "only enjoy foods fried in butter" problem I seem to be having. There was nothing wrong with this chicken. Cooked perfectly, tender, juicy, salty crust, spicy mustard sauce... I ate it. Baby steps.

Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken
(Serves 4)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup pretzels
1/4 cup panko
1/4 cup grated parmesan
3 egg whites
1 T dijon mustard
1 tsp hot sauce
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 375. In food processor, combine pretzels, panko and parmesan until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Pour in bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk together egg whites, dijon mustard and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Set up a station with greased baking dish, bowls and chicken.



Dip each breast into egg whites and then pretzel crumbs. Place in baking dish.


Bake for 20 minutes, flipping chicken over halfway.

Mustard Dipping Sauce
(Serves 2)

2 tsp mayo
2 T course ground mustard
1 tsp spicy mustard


Combine ingredients in small bowl. Voila.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've made a similar recipe but mine called for bacon mixed in with the pretzels...too salty. I'll have to try your version!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I love your brutal honesty. I have the same problem. To me there's nothing better then a pork or chicken cutlet pounded flat, dredged in panko, and quick fried in butter with some lemon squeezed on top (the best part is - restaurants in NYC love to charge upwards of $30 for this when it couldn't be easier to make!)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours and will be stopping by often:)

Those chocolate cherry cookies look like sin on a plate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger