.

.

Green Cauliflower with Capers & Pine Nuts

4/20/10


Dear Kraft Feta Cheese,

We're in a fight. I bought you on Sunday, and opened you on Monday. You would have tasted terrific with my Green Cauliflower. Only when I opened you, you looked like blue cheese. Were you blue cheese? No. You were moldy feta cheese. Unacceptable behavior. Into the trash you went.

Signed,
Siriously Pissed Off


Well, I was pissed off. Not so much anymore because the dish turned out great. I subbed Romano with Feta because I'm like Macgyver, and that's what he would do. I love colorful cauliflower, it has such a fresh, farmer's market flavor. Paired with salty capers and crunchy pine nuts... great summer side dish!

Green Cauliflower with Capers & Pine Nuts
(Serves 2-4)

1 head green cauliflower
2 T olive oil
1 T capers, drained
1 T pine nuts
Grated Romano
Salt and pepper, to taste


Preheat oven to 400. Cut cauliflower into florets and place in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and toss, until well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Add capers, pine nuts, and grated cheese (or feta, if yours is fresh). Bake for another 5-10 minutes.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yummy. Going to buy green cauliflower NOW!

Unknown said...

Enough of this vegetable stuff. Make the brownie pudding already! :-)

Siri said...

I like your style, Sara, I like your style.

Gretchen said...

OK, I made this tonight. I think I ate the entire head of cauliflower...oops. The capers are a wonderful addition! Delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger