.

.

Tuna Salad

3/8/10

I make tuna salad. A lot. It's easy, it's quick, it's affordable, it's tasty. In case you value my opinion, this is my favorite tuna:


I've experimented with lots of different ingredients before... garbanzo beans, hearts of palm, almonds, etc. Lots of things taste good with tuna. Here's a tuna salad I made today. That's right, I'm making food again! I must be feeling better. Tonight I'm going to make Mushroom Meatloaf with a Balsamic Glaze. That is, if the meds kick in...

Tuna Salad

2 cans of tuna
2 T mayo
1 T dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 T grated Romano (or Parmesan)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pickle, diced
Toasted pine nuts


Drain tuna, place in bowl and flake it with a fork. Add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper, pickle and pine nuts.


Stir. Serve with crackers, bread, or pita chips. Or, for a melt, place on bread brushed with olive oil, add a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese on top, and broil in oven. I also like to sprinkle some hot sauce on top.


p.s. This blog is dedicated to my friend, Ingrid. Her love of tuna knows no boundaries.

1 comments:

Lora said...

Have you tried Italian tuna? Oh man, one you've tried tonno, you never go back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger