.

.

Mushroom Chicken and Herbs

2/2/10


I've already told you my mom is a great cook. As it happens, so is my dad. He's one of those cooks that doesn't need a recipe because he has great instincts and whatever he throws together just works. One night he made me this chicken with herbs and it was delicious, siriously (oh dear, I keep doing that). I've put my own twist on it but the credit goes to him, thanks Dad! If you're ever looking for an EASY and FAST chicken recipe, this is it. Only this. Nothing else. The End.

Mushroom Chicken and Herbs

4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts (you'll notice I only had 3, that's fine)
2 T Olive oil
2 T Unsalted butter
1 package mushrooms
1 shallot
Salt and Pepper
2 T chopped rosemary
2 T chopped thyme
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chicken broth


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop mushrooms and shallot. I like to quarter my mushrooms vs. slicing them. Whatever floats your boat, tickles your fancy. I think they look more rustic this way, and I'm all about rustic things. Like THIS. (Not really.)


In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt 1 T olive oil and butter. Add mushrooms and shallot and cook until caramelized, approx. 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.


In the meantime, chop rosemary and thyme. I take them off the stem and bundle them up and chop them all together, like so. Also chop your garlic. No picture of that, sorry.


In a baking dish, add remaining T of olive oil. Or more, it looks like I might have more than that. Place chicken breasts in dish and season with salt and pepper.


Next, pour mushroom/shallot mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh and dried herbs and garlic. Pour chicken broth around chicken.


Bake for 20 minutes.


Did I mention this makes your house smell ridiculously good? Go do it now! Orrr, later on tonight when it's time for dinner.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

i believe that i found the best peanut butter cookie recipe from smitten kitchen. but your p.b. recipe below sounds divine. i will try it and let you know what i think. you have some yummy-looking stuff on here.

Lisa said...

http://therecipesociety.blogspot.com/2010/01/peanut-butter-cookies.html

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries said...

omg that looks FANTASTIC!! love your blog.. so happy i just found it!

Siri said...

Thanks for the link Lisa! Those look amazing, I will have to try. I liked my latest but, like I said in the blog, I'm striving for perfection and not there yet : )

Sarah - just found YOUR blog, looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey... I just happened upon your blog. Great stuff. I also joined Petitchef.

Anonymous said...

must have been the chicken and mushrooms...i love that recipe...xoxo

Wes said...

The ONLY thing I took away from this entire recipe is that you own(ed) Miracle Blades and so do I, so I assume we're related.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger