.

.

Mole Mole Mole Mole

2/7/10

I have a new obsession. Mole. No, not the small burrowing insectivorous mammal with dark velvety fur. Or the small, often slightly raised blemish on your skin made dark by a high concentration of melanin. And I'm not talking about someone within an organization who anonymously betrays confidential information. (Thanks Apple Dictionary.) I'm talking about this:


Mo-lay. Mole sauce. That specific mole is the creation of Rick Bayless, who won Top Chef Masters. One of the best shows on TV, minus HER. The judges raved about this sauce to the point where I was licking my television screen.

Recently I've tried it at two different Mexican restaurants... both a little different... both not GREAT. Does anyone in the LA area know where I can find GREAT mole?? Also, does anyone know of a recipe I must try?? No way will I try to create my own, not just yet. I am not worthy. After all, the only Spanish words I know are "Hola" and "Yo queiro Taco Bell."

7 comments:

iamchasingthirty said...

I've done a little googling and these two seems to be popping up all over for "best mole sauce" - never heard of but worth a try! http://www.guelaguetzarestaurante.com/
or in SM http://restaurantemontealban.com/

Siri said...

Thank you! I want to try BOTH!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I just made and blogged about mole Siri!! I made Rick Bayless' traditional red mole. It was very labor intensive and messy, but the results, oh the results are FANTASTIC. Check out my blog for the recipe :)

Siri said...

Andrea - you are my hero. I will make someday soon! Thanks!

Gretchen said...

HA! I love the line "minus her" ...Rick Bayless and everything he touches is music to my mouth. Chicago is home to some of the best restaurantés curiosity of this man/god. I have some catching up to do with this discovery of your blog thanks to iamchasingthirty, thus far A++

Siri said...

Welcome Gretchen, and thank you for the rating. I can only go down from there : )

Anonymous said...

Try Juan's Restaurant in Balwin Park (I think it is there).. they have awesome MOLE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger