.

.

Appetizers 101

2/7/10

Did everyone enjoy their Super Bowl Sunday? Did you eat until you felt like there were bricks in your stomach? I did. We went to a party with the most amazing food (thanks Daniel and Dyan!) and I had planned on sharing pictures with you today, but I misplaced my camera. Only explanation - someone thought it was a meatball and put it in between two pieces of Bay Cities bread. Oh don't be ridiculous, you say?! No. You don't understand, ROADKILL would taste good between two pieces of Bay Cities bread.

Anyway, although Daniel begged everyone not to bring food because he had too much, I couldn't resist making Pigs 'n a Blanket. I told him I would single-handedly eat all of them if necessary, but that was not necessary. The kiddos were all over these. One of the easiest snacks to make of all time...


Pigs 'n a Blanket

Cocktail wieners
Puff pastry


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 3-inch strips, about half as wide as your wiener. (Oh come on, did that really just make me giggle?) I have this handy dandy ravioli cutter, but you can just use a knife.


Wrap pastry around hot dogs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffy and golden.

I served these with a spicy mustard sauce. The kids seemed more interested in plain old ketchup but kids have boring palates. What?! They do.

Spicy Mustard Sauce

1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup course ground mustard
1 tsp creamy horseradish



Combine ingredients in bowl and stir. The end!

I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the final product but it's not my fault, my camera is sitting inside someone's belly.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger